7 Low Carb Recipes You Will Love This Winter
Depending on what nutritional plan you are following, you may need to find some tasty low carb recipes to get you through winter.
Below is a list of 7 low carb recipes you will find perfect for the Winter months ahead.
For those who are following their macros closely, having meals that tick all the boxes is so handy. It can be a real time saver.
Curried Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a frypan, heat your oil then add the garlic and onion and pan fry until fragrant.
- Add in the diced chicken and curry powder and brown the outside.
- Add in the mushrooms and heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini length wise and lay the curved side onto a lined baking tray. With a spoon, scoop the seeds out of the zucchini.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly into the zucchini groove and sprinkle some of the cheese on top. Place the zucchini into the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Recipe makes 4 serves with 310 calories per serve
Beef San Choy Bow
- Heat sesame oil in a wok over high heat, then add the mince. Use a whisk or wooden spoon to break apart chunks of mince.
- Once the mince is browned, add garlic, ginger, carrot, shallots, water chestnuts and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce and stir fry around for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vermicelli.
- Serve in lettuce cups and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
390 calories per serve
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper. Spray the paper with olive oil spray and place in the oven to heat up.
- Cut the cauliflower florets and discard the stalk.
- Grate the cauliflower using a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Place in a microwave safe container and cover with plastic wrap, microwave for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool and then pour it into a tea towel.
- Wring the water out of the tea towel until your cauliflower looks dry. Place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with your hands.
- Place the dough on the baking tray and flatten out with your hands into a pizza shape.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown – this can take from 10-20 minutes depending on your oven so best to keep an eye on it.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Top with your favourite toppings – try tomato paste, red onion, red capsicum, sliced bocconcini cheese and a sprinkling of fresh chives.
- Bake in the oven until the crusts are golden and the topping has melted to your liking.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.
Calories per serve (base only): 60
Chinese Beef and Snow Pea Stir Fry
- Combine the beef, cornflour, honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil and set aside to marinate.
- Put the vegetable or peanut oil in a wok or large frypan and gently pan fry garlic.
- Add in the snow peas, chilli, ginger and stock (and any other vegetables you want to add) and heat through, keeping the mixture moving in the wok/fry-pan.
- Add in the sliced, marinated beef and cook through.
- Add in the cooked and drained soba noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve stir-fry topped with torn basil leaves.
Recipe serves 4 at 400 calories per serve.
Low Carb Zucchini Noodle Bolognaise
- Use a spiraliser to slice the zucchini into noodles or peel into ribbons and then slice into long noodles. Heat a pot of water on the stove until boiling.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add mince and brown, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps.
- Add dried herbs and tomato passata and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until mince is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce is cooking add zucchini noodles to boiling water and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Top with sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
322 calories per serve
Slow Cooked Porcupine Meatballs
- To make the meatballs mix the mince, half of the onion, half of the oregano, egg, minced garlic, grated carrot and zucchini and brown rice together. Roll into about 10 big meatballs.
- Put the meatballs into the slow cooker.
- Mix together in a big jug the tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, the rest of the oregano, the and the other half of the onion. Fill the empty tomato soup can with water and add to the sauce mix. Once well-mixed pour over the meatballs.
- Set slow cooker on high and cook for 5 hours.
- Can serve by itself, with pasta, salad, more rice, or some crusty bread.
This recipe serves a family of five, 2 meatballs each – 225 calories per serve
Vietnamese Beef Pho Soup
- Combine beef stock, cinnamon and star anise in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Cook noodles in a large pan of boiling water until just tender, then drain well.
- Slice beef into thick slices.
- Heat a chargrill pan on high, spray with olive oil.
- Cook the beef in batches to your liking.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls and top with bean sprouts, green onion, chilli, basil and beef.
- Pour over the hot stock and serve with extra lime and chilli if desired
Serves 4. Calories per serve: 352
View the original source here.
Would you like to check out our other winter recipe? Click the link below.
With all the talk about Keto and watching your macros, low carb recipes are extremely popular right now.
For those who are wondering how to get six pack abs, you are no doubt aware of the importance of your diet.
Hopefully, the 7 low carb recipes mentioned above help you reach your fitness and nutritional goals.
We have, in preparing this information, used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Information guide only and any other further information should be considered by a professional.