Your Body Shape Does Not Define Your Worth
If you are like most people, you probably have a negative body shape worth. From childhood, we begin to receive messages about the physical aspect being the most important factor in determining a person’s worth and grow up with the belief that how we look will be directly related to how much acceptance others will bestow upon us.
But what is the importance of body image? This depends to a large extent on ourselves, but inevitably it is influenced by the people around us and our environment.
Recent research on body image
According to recent surveys the cult to the image and body, often negatively affect people causing anxiety, stress, depression, and Body Dimorphic Disorder.
People with negative body image have a distorted perception of their bodies, they feel anxious and ashamed about their looks and feel uncomfortable all the time.
People with positive body image, on the other hand, have a clear and real perception of themselves; they can value and appreciate their bodies for what they are, and feel safe and comfortable within their bodies.
Your value as a person
This is a topic in which we are regularly involved, we often do not acknowledge its continued presence in our lives, but it is there at all times.
I am talking about the value that defines you as a person, that which compares you to all the other beings around you. We possess an innate nature to determine our self-worth depending on the different opinions and approval we receive from external sources.
The more positive votes we accumulate, the more valuable we are, the less positive feedback we have, the less value we have.
If we work from this starting point, we position ourselves in a place of little power over ourselves, since this will be in the hands of others who can determine at will how valuable you are.
Is being the most attractive the most important thing?
Another issue that arises in the battle that is generated by being in a position where being the most attractive is the one that holds the most value would be that of pride.
The prideful person who lives in that manner does so in absolute fear and insecurity about himself. This is characterised by an attitude where it becomes of the utmost importance to diminish the value of others, to maintain this higher self-worth.
It is a constant struggle for the people who lead their lives this way, and always the power lies within the other since must continue to base one’s value on external validation.
The psychological damage
At this point, we have not even touched upon the genuine physical risks that we are bound to encounter when we decide to base our self-worth on your body shape or appearance.
Many people going through this problem eventually develop dangerous psychological and physical conditions.
The danger lies in putting more emphasis on looking good as opposed to being healthy. Many people will do things that harm them and adversely impact their health if they are convinced that it will help them have a better body.
The good news is that there are plenty of ways to obtain a good physique healthily without overtly risking your wellbeing.
Here are three areas to focus on to increase your body shape worth
- Exercise: Physical activity is the source of youth. Exercising helps you lose weight, speeds up your metabolism, helps you sleep better. There is no excuse for not exercising regularly. Regular exercise produces many endorphins that can make you feel happier about yourself and your appearance.
- Sleep without measure: Sleeping correctly is one of the most important factors to have a healthy body and life. Sleep deprivation makes your body tired and fatigued; this weakens your immune system which makes you an easy target for diseases and infections. Sleeping is the best defence the body, so be sure to give your body the necessary hours of rest.
- Eat nutritious foods: A healthy diet is indispensable to have a healthy body and life. You must include in your diet, foods that provide you with plenty of micronutrients. Forget junk food that in addition to increasing your weight generates diabetes, high cholesterol, and other health issues. Bet on the consumption of fruits, vegetables and cereals and you will not go wrong.
Few things will do more for your body image and have healthy self-worth than achieving an ideal body weight. Being overweight damages your health considerably.
To have a healthy life and be able to stay active and happy, you must take care of your weight. It is important to adopt healthy habits that help you maintain your weight.
Consume essential nutrients. A common mistake is to think that eating “healthy and light” consists of having a diet based on eating little and eating lean foods.
However, with such a diet, it is likely that the necessary nutrients will not be obtained fully. Therefore, you must eat a wide variety of foods. A diet that contains foods from each nutritional group, to avoid these deficiencies and damage your health.
Another way you can use to ensure obtaining all the necessary micronutrients for proper health is to consume a dietary supplement.
This daily multivitamin has been carefully formulated with a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals to optimise your health and overall well-being.
MULTIVITA REVOLUTION is packed with essential phytonutrients and specific digestive enzymes.
MULTIVITA also comes dosed with an antioxidant complex to fight off free radicals and inflammation. Remember that having a healthy lifestyle helps you keep attain a positive self-image and healthy sense of self-worth.
- Crocker, Jennifer, and Connie T. Wolfe. “Contingencies of self-worth.” Psychological review3 (2001): 593.
- Harter, Susan. The construction of the self: A developmental perspective. Guilford Press, 1999.
- O’Dea, J. A. “Body image and self-esteem.” Encyclopedia of body image and human appearance. 2012. 141-147.
- Furnham, Adrian, Nicola Badmin, and Ian Sneade. “Body image dissatisfaction: Gender differences in eating attitudes, self-esteem, and reasons for exercise.” The Journal of psychology136.6 (2002): 581-596.
We have, in preparing this information, used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Information guide only and any other further information should be considered by a professional.