Are bodybuilding fat burners a waste of money?
Do bodybuilding fat burners work? If you are in the market for a quality fat burner then you have probably asked this question already.
It is likely you have been doing everything right. You have been hitting the iron hard, doing all your reps with focus.
Your diet is spotless; you eat all the right things and avoid all the wrong ones.
You’re getting a full night sleep every night.
You are building muscle mass and getting stronger, and yet you are not getting the results you want.
You are not getting ripped. Your muscles are hidden underneath an annoying layer of fat. And you cannot seem to get rid of, and nobody can see them.
And so you are probably asking yourself what you need to do differently. What do you need to do to get the fat loss goals you have set for yourself?
What you need is a reliable bodybuilding Fat Burner to supplement your diet.
Do bodybuilding fat burners work? I am going to give you the proof here
Fat Burner supplements, or thermogenics as they are also known, are some of the best-selling sporting supplements in the world and there is a good reason for that; They can help you burn fat more efficiently and achieve your weight loss goals more quickly.
Thermogenic supplements do this by increasing your body heat and activating your central nervous system.
Thermogenic supplements also accelerate your metabolism and increase fat burning even while at rest. Everyone knows that one person who ‘has a fast metabolism’. Well, when you combine the right ingredients in a thermogenic, you can increase your metabolism with the right fatburning supplements.
Fat burner supplements are most useful when you have encountered a plateau and do not know how to surmount it.
Through a complicated chemical process called Oxidative Phosphorylation, fat burners and thermogenic compounds can get the body to burn more calories quicker when training. They do this while stimulating core body temperature, which has the same effect.
The body then proceeds to use up any stored fat as energy which reduces the overall body fat percentage.
How to stimulate your metabolic processes
All of this stems from a fat burner’s ability to stimulate and accelerate your metabolic processes, thereby boosting your metabolism.
While there is a plethora of Fat Burners in the nutritional supplement market, it is of utmost importance that we educate ourselves to make the most informed decision. We truly do want you to choose the right thermogenic supplement.
Because of their popularity, the Fat Burner market is filled with cheap products with dubious chemical components.
By consuming the wrong thermogenic, you can expose yourself to the risk of:
- heart attacks;
- strokes; and
The best fat burners are formulated and dosed with natural thermogenic compounds such as:
These can naturally and safely achieve the same results. There is no doubt that every bodybuilder or gym-goer has had a few cups of coffee before a workout.
In this post, we’ll take a look at what a typical fat burner contains.
A good quality thermogenic supplement will include at least these four components:
- Diuretics: Same as other types of laxatives, the diuretic components found in fat burner formulas will stimulate intestinal motility and an increase in diuresis. Diuresis is the increase in urination through a heightened production of urine in the kidneys. As a result, diuretics will diminish the reabsorption and recirculation of extra water in the bloodstream. Weight loss is then achieved through the elimination of excess liquids.
- Thermogenics: These are the main components of a fat burner supplement. Thermogenics will induce an increase in core body temperature and stimulate the functioning of the central nervous system which accelerates all metabolic processes in the body.
- Appetite Suppressants: The majority of substances that are considered appetite suppressants and appetite regulators have thermogenic properties themselves. These compounds influence the synthesis and absorption of the three primary hormones that regulate appetite; these are insulin, ghrelin, and leptin. By suppressing the risk of overeating, you will be making fat burners work more efficiently
- Caloric Blockers: Calorie blockers are compounds that block to an extent the amount of carbohydrates and fats that are absorbed by your body after ingestion. Caloric blockers act on the pancreas and inhibit the release of digesting enzymes specific to carbs and fat, such as lipase and amylase.
The best fat burners will also come formulated to include extra vitamins and minerals.
You want to look at for vitamins and minerals such as:
- Vitamins B and C to further aid in weight loss
- Chromium for regulating blood sugar absorption
- Compounds to adjust blood pressure and balance out the stimulant effects of the other components in the formula.
Essential words of advice about fat burner supplements
Here is a word of warning: Fat burners and thermogenic supplements are efficient products, but they are not magical.
You cannot expect to ease up on your training, forget to balance your lowfat diet, party all night long and still lose the fat by merely ingesting these compounds alone.
Fat burners are supplements, meaning they are designed to complement your hard work. Diet is of extreme importance and so is continued exercise. Enjoying a calorie restricted diet with the right macros will help you enjoy the health benefits and lose weight fast. Being realistic with your expectations is a smart way to play it.
Fat burning supplements will aid you, but without strenuous and rigorous training you will not see results.
If you are willing to put in the work and be sensible about your diet, fat burners or thermogenic supplements are a surefire way to improve your gains, become a more effective athlete, and see the results you want that much quicker.
Top 6 Fat Burning Supplements for 2018
Now you know that fat burning supplements are great for:
- Increasing energy;
- Boosting metabolism;
- Reducing your body weight;
- Weight management; and
- Losing fat
let’s take a look at the top 6 weight loss supplement solutions available to you.
1. Alphaburn Fat Burning Supplement by Musclesport
The Alphaburn supplement is great for those looking for a power performance lift and to shred fat fast.
With Alphaburn, you get 30 servings in two very popular flavours and each scoop contains 5 thermogenic fat burning compounds.
This formula is designed for those who are not just looking to suppress appetite but who also want the ideal look. You want to right cut, a great metabolism booster and focus.
2. Oxyshred by EHP Labs
Their formula is all about the fat cell and by that, I mean destroying stubborn fat cells.
One of the key things EHP labs prides themselves on is having no heavy stimulants. Also, you will have no jitters or anxiety.
Oxyshred comes in a handy 60 servings tub with three great flavours to choose from.
3. Thermal Revolution by Musclesport
If you are now convinced of the effectiveness of fat burners and are looking for the latest generation supplement, then you need to look no further than THERMAL REVOLUTION Fat Burning Supplement by MUSCLESPORT. THERMAL REVOLUTION is without a doubt the most potent thermogenic on the current market.
MUSCLESPORT has made sure to formulate the most precise and expertly dosed formula to enhance your fat burning beyond your wildest imaginings. THERMAL REVOLUTION includes Caffeine Anhydrous and Infinergy DiCaffeine Malate a proprietary caffeine compound that extends the metabolic influence of the other components in the product.
CapsiAtra Capsaicin enhances insulin sensitivity to prevent excessive absorption of carbs and fats and an increase in the production of muscle fuel glycogen.
Hordenine instantly gives you a surge of adrenaline so that your reps start out in beast mode. Isopropylnorsynephrine will provide all the benefits of ephedrine without any of the adverse side effects.
Additionally, THERMAL REVOLUTION is dosed with vitamins B3 and B6, Chromium, and celery seed extract for a more balanced and steady impact.
With such a powerful and expertly crafted formula, Thermal Revolution is the answer to all your fat burning questions. It has a range of supplement must haves to help you achieve your best no matter what your sporting activity is.
4. Thermal Switch by Switch Nutrition
Coming from those in our team who have tried various supplements for fat loss, Switch Nutrition have hit the market with Thermal Switch.
Not only is it considered the tastiest thermogenic formula available but it is excellent for appetite suppression.
You will find Thermal Switch in the fat loss stack of those who want enhanced fat loss and high energy without the crash.
It does contain caffeine from coffee beans but the formula is designed such that you get a pick up but won’t ‘throw you back down’.
5. X50 Showtime Thermoshred by Tribeca Health
For those looking for a fat burning supplement with acetyl lcarnitine, then Showtime Thermoshred by X50 is perfect for you.
Their formula provides a natural rise in energy levels throughout your day to help you power through your workouts.
Showtime Thermoshred comes in a huge 60 servings package and has zero sugar and is super potent.
6. Hyper Shred by BSN
With a name like Hyper Shred, you know you are on to something with the full suite of ingredients.
The key to an effective fat burning supplement is to ensure you have the energy and focus to complete all your workouts.
If you are looking to get rid of stubborn belly fat and are tired of useless diet pills, step up to Hypershred to experience the difference.
BSN have put together one of the best thermogenics on the market.
Simply take one scoop with 150ml of water 15-30 minutes before your next training session. You get 60 servings in this tub and 3 tasty flavours.
In addition to the top 6 fat burning supplements for 2018, you should also check out the BSN Supplements and the Optimum Nutrition Supplements to help you achieve a lean body. If you prefer taking fat burning capsules instead of powder, then head over to Thermal Black Label Series.
So do bodybuilding fat burners work?
As you can see from the research above, it is clear that fat burners do have a place in today’s competitive environment. When you need to push your results to the next level, then supplementing with an effective fat burner is the way to go.
Nowadays a fat loss supplement doesn’t have the negative connotations it used to. Instead, they have become one of the most widely used supplements on the market.
They are now so popular, many pre workout, whey protein supplements and meal replacement supplements contain some form of fat burning ingredients.
Of course, another sensible way to reduce your weight is to eat low calories each day. Be sure to check the ingredient profile, calorie and macro count of all fat burners on the market. There is no magic pill but when combined with a proper diet and exercise plan, you will lose weight. Ditch the new fat loss diets and find a solution where the longterm effect is beneficial to you.
- Freis, Edward D., Domenic J. Reda, and BARRY J. Materson. “Volume (weight) loss and blood pressure response following thiazide diuretics.” Hypertension 12.3 (1988): 244-250.
- Astrup, Arne, Leif Breum, and Søren Toubro. “Pharmacological and clinical studies of ephedrine and other thermogenic agonists.” Obesity 3.S4 (1995).
- Blundell, John. “Pharmacological approaches to appetite suppression.” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences 12 (1991): 147-157.
- Preuss, Harry G. “Bean amylase inhibitor and other carbohydrate absorption blockers: effects on diabesity and general health.” Journal of the American College of Nutrition 28.3 (2009): 266-276.
We have, in preparing this information, used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate. But we accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Information guide only and any other further information should be considered by a professional.