Hard Gainers Guide To New Muscle Growth And Bigger Gains
Fewer things are more discouraging and despairing than not getting results. Especially when you feel deep down, you are putting forth your maximum effort. The hard gainers guide here will help point out the tips and tricks you can use today to get bigger gains and your muscles growing.
Gaining muscle mass is hard work, but it is not impossible.
Unfortunately, some people find that genetics works against them when it comes to gaining mass.
Although it is important to temper expectations and understand that thirty pounds of muscle is not going to be gained after one month of lifting. If you do not see results, it might be time to adjust your approach.
If you are one of the unlucky few, a hard gainer, whose genetics predisposes them to have a have a hard time to achieve results in the gym, then remember there are quite a few aspects of your training you can tweak.
By making these adjustments, you can have a significant impact on the results you get from your effort.
While some areas might be out of your control, not all are.
If you are coming up short, then follow the hard gainers guide to new muscle growth and bigger gains.
Top three strategies in our hard gainers guide to get more muscle
- Get the basics out of the way first.
A common mistake is to want to run before being able to walk. Often newcomers and even veterans will want to know everything and try every lifting program believing that more is better. This is simply not true.
Hardgainers should focus first and foremost on simplifying their workouts. Complexity will more often than not trivialise all your efforts. There is no need for dozens of variations to try and sculpt the muscle from every angle possible.
I recommend focusing on a few compound exercises that attack your body as a whole. Practice your squats and deadlifts until you can do them in your sleep with perfect form instead of worrying about varying angles on the incline press.
Another thing you might want to consider is adjusting the weight you are lifting. Instead of working in the twelve to fifteen rep range, increase the weights until you can only do five to six reps.
Once you can do more than six reps then increase the weights until you can again only do six. This will have the advantage of applying constant and varying tension to your muscle fibres which will force them into hypertrophy.
Also, it is important to find the right balance that works for your body. This will take some trial and error at first, and you need to work out enough so that your muscles break down.
You then need to adjust as you grow and give your body enough rest so that new muscle fibres have enough time to grow.
- Keep a food and nutrition diary (online or written).
The number one rule and one that is unquestionable is that to gain muscle mass you must eat enough to provide your body with a caloric surplus.
Do not make the mistake of overestimating how much you eat.
Keep a detailed log of your entire caloric intake so that you can finely tune and adjust your diet as you go along.
It is important to keep in mind that it isn’t all about the total number of calories you provide your growing muscles but rather the quality of said calories.
Although it might seem counterintuitive to many, hard gainers, need to consume plenty of fats.
Remember that a molecule of fat can provide your body with more than twice the amount of energy than a molecule of carbohydrates and protein.
Adding healthy fats to your diet is one of the easiest ways to pack extra calories and more efficiently provide your muscles with fuel to grow.
Of important note is that a diet rich in saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids stimulates the production of testosterone.
So eat frequently; strive to eat anywhere between five and six meals a day and make sure to include plenty of lean protein, unprocessed carbohydrates and plenty of unsaturated fats.
- Design a proper muscle gaining stack.
As a hard gainer, there is no getting around the fact that your body works against you, so it will be necessary to get all the help you can get.
For real gains, your stack will need to include a testosterone supplement.
Testosterone will promote protein synthesis and growth of tissues through androgenic receptors. Effects of testosterone include the increase of muscle mass, an increment of bone density and the development of strength.
Testosterone also promotes anabolic states which enable the body to more efficiently absorb nutrients and generate myogenesis.
Another essential supplement for you gains stack creatine. Creatine is known for being a powerhouse supplement for building and maintaining muscle mass.
Creatine is a nitrogenous acid that is an essential component in ATP metabolism. ATP or adenosine triphosphate is the principal energy currency of muscle growth so by providing your body with creatine you will only be fueling muscle gains.
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
Your stack will also need some branched chain amino acids or BCAAs. BCAA’s are a favourite in the supplement world.
Branched-chain amino acids will provide your muscles with protection from catabolic processes that your hard gainer genetics will generate. Remember that catabolism refers to the breakdown of muscle tissue.
So BCAAs will help you maintain your gains.
Remember that genetics will predispose you to be a hard gainer but you are not destined to fail. With the proper adjustments, you can gain muscle mass like anyone else.
What bodybuilding supplements we recommend
Consider the following products for your gain stack.
- KODIAK AMMO 3:1:1 BCAA INTRA-WORKOUT FORMULA. KODIAK AMMO is guaranteed to provide you with the most growth, energy, and endurance. It also includes ingredients that have been scientifically proven to: accelerate muscle growth, improve metabolism and enhance energy levels.
- CXS REVOLUTION BIOAVAILABLE CREATINE COMPLEX from MUSCLESPORT. CXS REVOLUTION contains some of the highest quality creatine sources available. It is packed with extracts that will improve insulin sensitivity and ensure creatine uptake.
- CLINICALLY DOSED TEST BLACK TESTOSTERONE GEAR from MUSCLESPORT. This supplement has been expertly and painstakingly formulated and dosed. It comes with just the right amount of Boron, 5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin, Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamins B6 and D3, Nitrosigine Arginine, and natural extracts such as LongJax ®, Maca, Horny Goat Weed, Ashwagandha, Urtica Dioica and Safed Musli. All of these ingredients possess synergy in their properties. They promote growth factors, protein synthesis, induce anabolic states, suppress estrogenic secretions and boost testosterone production.
- Clark, Nancy. “Bulking Up: Helping Clients Gain Weight Healthfully.” ACSM’s Health & Fitness Journal 9.5 (2005): 15-19.
- Kerksick, Chad. “Gains For Ectomorphs.”
- Kerksick, Chad. “Exercise and Nutritional GuidelinesThatWill Help You Pack On Muscle.”
- Home, Store, et al. “The Complete Guide To Gaining Good Weight.” People (2016).
We have, in preparing this information, used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Information guide only and any other further information should be considered by a professional.