The Test BLACK Testosterone Gear to help boost natural testosterone production
Boron is what is known as a trace mineral. This means that our bodies benefit from it as a vital nutrient, but only in very, very small trace amounts.
- Boron has been implicated in increasing free testosterone and serum DHT levels.
- At the same time, boron acts as an anti-estrogen and decreases sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
- A study conducted by Naghii et al. (2011) found men who supplemented with boron for 7 consecutive days increased free testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels by 28% and 10% respectively, while also decreasing free estrogen levels by 39%.
Zinc is vital for several important physiological roles in the body and is needed for many enzymatic reactions including those necessary to stimulate muscle protein synthesis.
- Zinc deficiency has been linked to low IGF-1 Levels and Growth Hormone.
- Zinc also supports optimal testosterone levels and may increase testosterone at rest and after exercise.
- A 2006 study by Killic et al. found wrestlers who supplemented with Zinc for 4 weeks were able to preserve circulating testosterone and thyroid hormone concentrations, which declined in placebo due to the exhaustive workload.
Magnesium is an essential mineral and electrolyte. It is involved in protein synthesis, ATP formation, metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, and bone strength.
- Magnesium deficiencies are the second most common deficiency in developed countries. A lack of magnesium will raise blood pressure and reduce insulin sensitivity.
- Increases in free and total testosterone have been noted in sedentary and athletic populations when supplementing with magnesium supplementation. It also acts as a muscle relaxer and may improve aerobic performance.
- Brilla et al. (1992) discovered 26 untrained subjects who participated in a 7-week strength training program in conjunction with magnesium supplementation were able to increase testosterone relative to baseline.
B6 is a water soluble vitamin that is important to various metabolic reactions that occur in the body. It is also a coenzyme for protein metabolism and nervous and immune system function.
- B6 is also involved in the synthesis of hormones and red blood cells.
- Vitamin B6 may have some benefits with regard to increasing the rate of synthesis of testosterone.
- B6 may also be able to increase levels of growth hormone.
Vitamin D is associated with a wide range of benefits, including increased cognition, immune health, bone health and well-being.
- Supplementation can also reduce the risks of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
- People deficient in vitamin D may also experience increased testosterone levels after supplementation.
5-Alpha Hydroxy Laxogenin:
5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin is a natural anabolic supplement derived from plants. It is a sapogenin, a steroidal constituent of the non-sugar portion of a saponin, isolated from the plant Smilax Sieboldii.
- 5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin possesses an anabolic/androgenic ratio similar to Anavar, one of the most efficient anabolic substances, without the harmful side effects.
- It is believed to work by reducing sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) hormones, which promotes higher levels of free testosterone and increases nitrogen retention that leads to anabolism.
- Research in humans has shown 5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin increases muscle strength and lean body mass, even without exercise. Other benefits include fat loss and improved insulin sensitivity.
- Other tests have shown 200% increases in protein synthesis after 5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin supplementation.
Nitrosigine Arginine Inositol Silicate:
Arginine (NITROSIGINE) is a precursor to nitric oxide and expands blood vessels to optimize blood flow. Silicate is contained within the walls of the arteries to help maintain their structural integrity.
- These ingredients work in synergy to help increase the blood flow and the structural integrity of the artery walls.
- Preclinical data has shown that Nitrosigine is superior to standard arginine… with 2x the blood flow in vasodilatation response.
LongJax® 20:1 Extract:
LongJaX® is a powdered water-extract from the roots of Eurycoma longifolia Jack (ELJ), a South East Asian plant.
- Also known as Tongkat Ali, Eurycoma significantly raises both total and free testosterone levels while simultaneously lowering cortisol.
- A higher testosterone to cortisol ratio has long been considered a marker of an increased anabolic state.
- Eurycoma works to enhance testosterone levels by a few different mechanisms. The first is through direct stimulation of the Leydig cells in the testicles to increase testosterone production. Secondly, it inhibits the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Lastly, Eurycoma frees up more testosterone by lowering sex hormone binding globulins.
- Talbott et al. (2013) found supplementation of Eurycoma to stressed adults for a period of four weeks was associated with an improved stress hormone ratio (cortisol reduced by 16% and testosterone increased by 37%) alongside improvements in subjective ratings of stress.
Maca 4:1 Extract:
Maca is a plant in the broccoli family. Maca has traditionally been used as an aphrodisiac.
- Men supplementing with maca have been known to experience an increase in sperm production. Maca also appears to be a potent suppressor of prostate hypertrophy.
- Preliminary research also suggests maca can protect the brain from damage, improve bone health, and even improve cognitive ability in healthy people.
- For the purposes of Test Black, maca may help block the body’s production of estrogen while boosting testosterone levels.
Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen, meaning it helps the body deal with physical, emotional, and psychological stressors.
- It is a staple in Ayurvedic medicine. For good reason too, as it reduces cortisol, increases exercise performance, and beneficially modulates sex hormone profiles.
- It also shows promise for relieving insomnia and stress-induced bouts of depression.
- Ashwagandha can improve the formation of memories, and may be able to treat Alzheimer’s disease due to its ability to prevent the degradation of brain cells, making the herb a neuroprotectant.
- In a study conducted by Andrade et al. (2000), six weeks supplementation of Ashwagandha in persons with a diagnosed generalised anxiety disorder (mixed anxiety and depression) noted significant improvements in both depression and anxiety symptoms.
Horny Goat Weed Extract:
Horny goat weed that is often used as an erectile aid and aphrodisiac.
- It seems to have the mechanisms to increase testosterone, but no human studies exist on the subject matter.
- Horny goat weed was shown in one rat study to increase testosterone levels by 3x over a 7 day period compared to a control group.
Divanil (aka 3,4-di vanillyl tetrahydrofuran, DVTHF) is an extract from the stinging nettle root (Urtica dioica). DVTHF exerts its effects by acting on testosterone transport proteins.
- Testosterone in the human body exists either in a free circulating form or in inactive form bound to transport proteins. The transport proteins to which testosterone binds are albumin and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
- DVTHF binds with very high affinity to SHBG. It’s hypothesized that by binding to SHBG, DVTHF will increase the concentration of free testosterone.
Safed Musli Extract:
Also known as chlorophytum borivilianum, safed musli is an herb that has traditionally been used as a aphrodisiac and adaptogen.
- It is a rich source of over 25 alkaloids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, steroid, saponins and polysaccharides.
- According to some studies, Safed Musli increases serum testosterone levels and improves testicular function.